Skip to main content

Cancer Recovery day 17

My tongue continues to be painful, not to the level of two weeks ago, but of concern. A phone call to the Glebe Surgery just before 11 am resulted in a phone appointment with Dr Sherwell between 11 am and midday. Saying that I have recently finish a course of chemotherapy brought this forward from an offer of an appointment on Monday next.

The Phone Consultation brought an invitation for a Face to Face appointment and swab. Very pleased to actually see a doctor so quickly and to get what I wanted from an unrushed meeting.

Temp 36.5c

Blood pressure 140/75

pulse 61

BSC - 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blood Test Results

 The pre-treatment blood test is important to ensure that patients are capable of with standing the toxic effects of the chemotherapy drugs. My neutrophil and Alt levels have cause deferment over the past few months. This weeks blood test results are ok so Monday's infusion will go ahead. That's Monday morning at 9:30 am definitely early! 

Chemotherapy Cycle 20

My 20th infusion occurred on August 23rd a week later than expected due to last week's abscess. Blood test was on Mondayand while the Neutrophils were in the normal range at 2.6, the Liver function test ALT was high at 131, up from 89 four weeks previously. This result need Dr Webb, my consultant's approval before the chemotherapy could go ahead. Drugs can only be ordered from the hospital Pharmacy once approval has been given so there was a two-hour delay befor ethe drugs arrived. All went well and I was discharged only around 45 minutes later than expected. Just needed Corsodyl mouthwash in the way of drugs this cycle. The next step on this journey is pump removal on Friday and CT scan on 29th August.

Oncologist consultation

 I have a quarterly appointment with my oncology consultant, Dr David Webb or one of his team every three month. Last week my appointment was with one of his team and two Mcmillan nurses, Sue and Jo. The oncologist asked how Iam coping with the treatment having had 20 chemotherapy infusions. I told her that I continue to tolerate the drugs very well and am managing most of the key side-effects well and continue to search for solutions for the others. She then told me that the recent CT Scan showed that the two growths remain stable, and the Blood CEA marker has recently fallen to 2, the lowest since November 2021. Most pleasing. She then asked if I wished to have a break, which I declined an ordered a further 12 infusions.